A housing map in the Chicago area of the conference area is available HERE.
If you live in Chicago, please consider offering a home-stay to a conference participant or two. Use our HOUSING BOARD to find or offer housing, arrange to share hotel rooms etc.
You may be able to get substantially cheaper hotel rates if you book through one of the commercial travel sites like travelocity.com, orbitz.com, expedia.com, priceline.com, etc.
Below is information provided by several lodging establishments relatively near the conference:
- Hostelling International Chicago Youth Hostel -
24 East Congress Parkway
Counter-recruitment Conference rate is $40.39 per night, which includes taxes and breakfast. When reserving online use the promo code: AFSC. By phone indicate you are with AFSC.
A reservation guarantees a bed and separation by gender. If a conference participant wishes to room with his/her friends, he/she must indicate this upon making a reservation.
Payment is due upon arrival . HI Chicago accepts cash, Visa and Mastercard.
Located in the center of the city, HI-Chicago is a 500-bed hostel offering guests safe, clean, quality accommodations near major attractions and public transportation.
The hostel is within walking distance of the Sears Tower, Navy Pier, Lake Michigan, the Art Institute, most major museums, and Michigan Avenue. Staff and volunteers lead hostellers in city tours and outings to blues and jazz clubs, major festivals, and other popular local activities.
Hostelling International is a non-profit membership based organization, promoting peace through hostelling since 1909. Non-members pay a $3 non-membership fee per night upon check-in.
• 24 hour access, 365 days a year, NO CURFEW
• 24 hour luggage storage and 24 hour security
• Great knowledgeable staff and volunteers to assist you
• FREE maps of Chicago, and discounts to museums and attractions
• FREE guided tours of the city
• Recommendations on restaurants, clubs and events
• FREE linens, towels, pillows and blankets provided for all guests
• International standards for comfort, cleanliness and security
• Lockers in your room, please bring a lock with you
• Computers with internet access in the lobby, also wi-fi in lobby, $6 per hour
• Big self-service kitchen and self-service laundry
• Fully wheelchair accessible
• NO age restrictions, all ages welcome, under 18 must be accompanied by adult
- University Center
(dorm-like housing) 3 blocks from Roosevelt, 2 ½ blocks from AFSC
525 South State St.
Rate - $78 per person
- Blake Hotel
4 blocks from Roosevelt, 1½ blocks from AFSC,
500 S Dearborn St
Rate - $189 -$334 per room
Group rates (10 rooms or more) – $159 per room
Transportation provided from Midway ($22) and O’Hare ($24) to hotel called “Airport Express”.
- Blackstone Hotel
2 blocks from Roosevelt, 5 blocks from AFSC
636 South Michigan Ave.
Rate - $259 per room
Group rate (10 rooms or more) - $189 per room
- Palmer House
5 blocks from Roosevelt, 7 blocks from AFSC
17 East Monroe Street
1 king or double bed $250 per room
Group rate (10 rooms or more) – $159 per room
- Club Quarters
7 blocks from Roosevelt, 6 blocks from AFSC
111 W Adams St, Chicago –
Rate - $129 – $146 per room
Group rates (at least 10 rooms)- 1 double bed - $139 or Queen for $159